Israel confirms it has agreed to the U.S. proposal for ceasefire with Hamas

Israel confirmed that it agreed to a ceasefire proposal by President Donald Trump’s Middle East envoy, Steve Witkoff, a day after Trump said the country had “agreed to the necessary conditions” for a ceasefire in the war in Gaza.

“We are serious in our will to reach a hostage deal and a ceasefire,” Israeli foreign minister Gideon Saar said during a press briefing while on a state visit to Estonia. “We said yes to Special Envoy Witkoff’s proposals.”

Saar did not elaborate on details of the proposal but added that “our goal is to begin proximity talks as soon as possible.”

Daily life in Gaza in the shadow of war
A boy among rubble at Al-Shati refugee camp in Gaza City.Mahmoud Issa / Anadolu via Getty Images

On Tuesday, Trump said in a post on Truth Social that “my representatives had a long and productive meeting with the Israelis today on Gaza” where they “agreed to the necessary conditions to finalize the 60 Day CEASEFIRE, during which time we will work with all parties to end the War.”

Earlier on Wednesday, before Israel’s announcement, Hamas said it was considering the new ceasefire proposal it had received from mediators Egypt and Qatar.

In a statement, Hamas said it would be “conducting national consultations” with the final aim of ending the fighting, ensuring the withdrawal of Israeli forces and delivering “urgent relief” to the people of Gaza.

Trump has renewed a push for an end to the war after Israel broke an earlier ceasefire agreement with Hamas by launching a series of deadly airstrikes in March.

Source link

Visited 1 times, 1 visit(s) today

Related Article

On The Ground

Putin may be mocking Trump over Ukraine – but the US president won’t do anything about it

On The Ground newsletter: Get a weekly dispatch from our international correspondents Get a weekly dispatch from our international correspondents Get a weekly international news dispatch European leaders have redoubled their efforts to prise Donald Trump away from Russia by warning that the US president is being “mocked” by Vladimir Putin, alleging that Moscow is

screenshot-2025-07-03-at-1-50-12-pm.png

Missing doctor who left cruise ship in Alaska to take a hike found dead

Alaskan authorities say they’ve found the body of a 62-year-old woman who disembarked from a cruise ship to take a hike and didn’t return. Marites Buenafe — who’s listed on the University of Kentucky Healthcare system’s website as a doctor — was traveling aboard the Norwegian Bliss, according to a missing persons bulletin issued by

PEP Revenue (TTM) Chart

My Smartest Dividend Stock to Buy Today

Investors have priced PepsiCo’s short-term challenges into its stock, creating a solid long-term buying opportunity for patient investors. Investors looking within the consumer staples sector for a quality dividend stock will often choose Coca-Cola (KO 0.55%). And understandably so. Not only are the brands of the beverage industry’s biggest name well-established, but its dividend track record

Republican members of Congress reach to shake hands with Speaker of the House Mike Johnson, after Johnson signed the bill.

The battle to sway voters over Trump’s ‘big, beautiful bill’ begins

CNN  —  For months, more than a dozen Hill Republicans have been sounding the alarm about the steep Medicaid cuts in President Donald Trump’s sprawling agenda package, which is now just hours away from becoming law. North Carolina Sen. Thom Tillis called cuts to Medicaid “inescapable.” Missouri Sen. Josh Hawley called Republicans’ targeting of Medicaid

Article image

‘I’m very disappointed,’ Trump says after phone call with Putin

U.S. President Donald Trump said he was “very disappointed” with Russian President Vladimir Putin following a phone call on July 3, during which the two leaders discussed the ongoing war in Ukraine. Trump told reporters he “didn’t make any progress” and accused Putin of showing no willingness to stop the fighting. Trump also said that

A man cups his hands to hold dozens of lovebugs at Mount Gyeyang on July 3, 2025.

What is happening in South Korea? Seoul has caught the lovebug that nobody wants

CNN  —  South Korea has recently been hit by another surge of lovebugs. But romance is certainly not in the air for residents of Seoul and neighboring Incheon city, who have been plagued by these pesky insects in recent weeks, as rising temperatures due to climate change spur their spread. On Friday, dozens of government

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x